Monday, November 9, 2009

Deangelo Hall vs. Mike Smith?


What is going on with the world when a corner back and a head coach get into it on the sideline. Sunday Washington Redskin's corner back Deangelo Hall and Atlanta Falcon's head coach Mike Smith got into a scuffle after Hall tried to pull his teammate LaRon Landry from the Atlanta Falcon's sideline. Deangelo Hall has been giving the Falcons bulletin board material by talking about how he was totally upset and disappointed about how the Falcons treated him by trading him away. Deangelo said that while he was trying to help his teammate Landry get away from the sideline after hitting Falcon's quarterback Matt Ryan a strength and conditioning coach Jeff Fish grabbed him. He said after Jeff grabbed him other players started grabbing at him until Mike Smith grabbed him and started cussing at him. Look, we need to keep this simple. Altercations happen on the field all the time, but when a coach and a player get into it that's just going to far. I don't care who says what or who does what everyone needs to keep their composure. That's why they are called professionals. I can't get mad though because through my years as a football player I have been into skirmishes of all kinds. I've laid out a guy who ran to my sideline, I've grabbed a guy by his neck and pulled him to the ground during a offensive play I was blocking for and I even choked out a head coach because he didn't give me anytime during a blow out game. Deangelo Hall plans to file a complaint with Roger Goodell because he said that Coach Smith and Jeff Fish was cursing him and putting their hands on him in a way that he felt was disrespectful. Deangelo said, " I'm going to get on the horn with commissioner Goodell and we're going to figure out away how to nip this in the bud." Some Atlanta officials said that Mike Smith did his best to try and break up the altercation by separating the fighting sides. Coach Jim Zorn agreed that the dispute got of hand, but was handled properly. I just have to say that no one got hurt or threw a punch, so Goodell let this altercation go and don't fine anybody.

1 comment:

  1. Man if a coach put his hands on me like that I would have slamed his ass and any of his players that thought they could touch me to. He was'nt even the one that hit Ryan, so Y was Smith mad at him anyway.

    ReplyDelete