Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Hot Seat Charlie


Another Saturday of college football's rivalry week, beer and Notre Dame football. I must admit I'm like Hank Hill from the show "King of the hill" because my day feels perfect when Notre Dame football loses. Don't get me wrong I love the tradition of Notre Dame football you know Joe Montana, Tim Brown and lets not forget the great Ricky Waters, but I'm just totally upset when Weis comes in flashing his Super Bowl rings, talking cocky and then ends up with terrible seasons after his two BCS appearances. I mean this coach was saying, I could get hoodlums and criminals and when tomorrow. I won't do it that way". I mean how could you support a guy like that? I can't. You see I know America would love to see more "white players" and so will I, but that is no excuse for that kind of talk. I just wish Charlie should have went with his first mind and headed straight to the hood and start recruiting, because if he did that he would have won something better than the Hawiian Bowl. Look Charlie Weis was a great offensive coordinator, hell he might even be a good head coach, but he's not living up to expectations or that lucrative contract they gave him. Notre Dame paid less to Ty Willingham and he took them to two bowl games and was bounced after two years even Bob Davie took them to their first BCS appearance and bunch of bowl loses as well, but even though they lost those bowl games I felt Notre Dame was actually on the map. Not waiting for next season and thinking to myself will Weis and Notre Dame ever make it back to the BCS series. It looked like after Ty Willingham's recruiting classes left Charlie's team got real suspect. The funny thing about Notre Dame getting rid of the two previous coaches is them and Charlie Weis has the same winning percentage. All I have to say is first I wasn't going to even write this until after the season, but after a lost to Navy two out of the last three years, then this lost to Uconn and then Charlie said he has no thought of resigning. I knew I had to get on this quick because he might not make it to Palo Alto. I'm not saying that Charlie Weis should really recruit criminals because look where it got Kiffin, but watch the big talk and get back to your winning ways with the next team you coach at.

No comments:

Post a Comment